Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Look Mom, No Training Wheels...

That's right...the training wheels came off of her "big girl" bike today.  Mommy was a nervous wreck but Emma did awesome!  Once daddy lowered her seat a bit she took off and never looked back!  The smile plastered across her face was priceless  After a few spins up and down the street she felt confident enough to sing to the neighborhood while riding her bike.  It was definitely a bittersweet moment as I watched her take off on that bike.  On one hand, I am so proud of her (which I told her no less than 50 times.)  On the other hand, my heart hurts just a touch as I watch her take another step in her independence.  The time really is going so fast!  Not to be outdone, Brody made his own method of transportation...
This is Brody's bus that he made.  He is the driver and he put his toys on the chairs as his passengers.  He drove them until he informed me that they "were at school now."  Love it!!!

1 comment:

  1. That girl is after my heart! I was always fond of biking and singing ("Cool Rider" was my song of choice -- you should introduce her to it!). And I'd totally trust that boy to drive me anywhere!

    ReplyDelete