Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lord, Give Me Patience ....

Okay, I am committed to recording our life as it ACTUALLY happens...the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Today was more of an ugly day!  We are on day three of potty training and this was the worst day so far.  There didn't seem to be much "potty" in the training today.  It definitely wasn't for lack of trying though.  My sweet little boy seems to be more of a slow leaking hose.  He would no sooner have gotten off the potty, and then I would hear this off in the distance:

Brody:  "It's okay doh...ha, ha, ha (sinister laugh)." 
Emma:  "Brody, it is not okay.  You know better!"
Me: "Brody, did you pee pee in your pants again?"
Brody:  "Uh huh, I did.  It's okay doh...ha, ha, ha (sinister laugh)."

I have dreaded this process for quite a while now.  I know that someday I will look back and laugh but today just isn't that day.  Brody, tomorrow is a new day!

Love,
Mommy

P.S.  There isn't a fun picture to go along with this post because, well, I was too busy washing underwear!  It's okay doh!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it's your favorite sister! Been there...done that...stay strong sis! Cool Alert pull-ups were the key for us...it took about a day and half of these things and she then understood the 'cool' feeling meant "oh, I peed!" So then she started getting that she had to tell me first!! Hundreds of stickers later...she's a pro!! We're still working on #2...but she's getting there! It'll come!!! Good Luck! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete